Monday, December 8, 2008

Michael flys...well..sort of

I would be a liar if I didn't admit I harbored some healthy skepticism when we visited the iFly place at the Saloman in Ogden. I believed that Jenna and Kellen (Griffitts) would do great, because honestly, what don't they do well athletically in their family? But I thought that Brad, and alternatively Mike, the big boys might struggle. Perhaps its because I did indoor skydiving with my fam in Vegas and I remember the way the building shook and waled when they upped the fan to get my Dad off the ground. My Dad, who is not a featherweight, but who still looks up to my hubbie.

So you can imagine I had some doubts about the Ogden flying contraption and their ability to blast my quasi-300 lb. spouse into orbit.

I was wrong. He flew. Apparently, the center has newer technology (apparently some engineering grad has found a way to bluff his way into the coolest project ever) and uses a combination of a sucking-in and blowing-out turbine to create the necessary body lift. It was a lot of fun to watch, and I am pretty sure Mike enjoyed it too. For you viewing pleasure...


video

P.S. My favorite part is the cheeks...our children have no chance.

I am now officially into law school finals--my first one is Wednesday, which is probably why I am blogging to postpone my going over my torts skeleton. Wish me luck, hope, good karma, whatever, I'm not picky at this point. Intentional infliction of emotional distress anyone?

3 comments:

brad and jenna said...

Mike, i was very impressed on yoiur flying capabilities! Thanks for coming up again you two. We love being with you guys and can't wait until we can get together again!

Peterson's said...

That is awesome! Did you get to do it too Britt?

The Ericksons said...

That is crazy! I would have my doubts, too, but looks like the proved the doubters wrong! Go Mike!