Wednesday, November 10, 2010

40 weeks...or close enough

So no...I don't have a baby yet. 

And despite the serene appearance of these pictures, I am still the normal impatient person I have always been and am feeling very ready for a baby now, instead of a bump. 

So, these are my *last* official bump pictures...and here's hoping that this baby decides to greet the world sooner rather than later and put a big smile on Mom's face. My official due date is 13th/14th/15th (I believe the tide schedules in Maine are involved...as well as El Nino)..so baby is not late...yet. But somehow, I believed my darling alien would surely want to break free from the womb and stretch its limbs in a proper way. 

Apparently not. Apparently its more fun to gyrate in a way that would put Shakira to shame inside of a stretched abdominal cavity, rather than the great wide wonder of the world.

So, I am resigned to rotate back and forth at night like some hot dog at the 7-11 station, and I am considering having a plaque installed on my favorite bathroom stall. Come on...let's start this party baby...get your game face on and join us!!

Is Michael ready? Well...the Daddy-to-be has chosen to celebrate these last few days of fatherlessness by killing Cubans and Russians in a drug-induced torture frenzy (e.g. Call of Duty: Black Ops). Maybe not a time-honored tradition of yore, but he has been game for nightly eating-out dates while we revel in the lack of a carseat/infant SUV. Parenthood...here we come. 








10 comments:

mratelle said...

November: month of baby and black ops... sweet.

Kelsee said...

Lol I do not envy you. The last few weeks before baby comes is rough. No sleep, no room for you and baby in your body, husband able to move freely and sleep fine. Yeah, it's rough. But the little "IT" will be here soon. And I think it's a guy thing as Jeremy did a gaming marathon before both of our kids came. Lol Good Luck!!!!!

GiGi said...

So close Britt! You look beautiful and we are so excited for you. Good luck........Love, Alan and Sandy

Erica and Dan Kiefer said...

well i enjoyed your humerous writing! and all the funny mental images of shakira and hot dogs involved... good luck girly!

julianne rose said...

love you and can't wait!! so happy i was able to talk to you "in person" babe.lovelovelove!

Brynne said...

K...talk about nothin but a bump! :) You look great. GLOWING! (cliche, I know, but true.) Those last few days are the worst!! Good luck, girlie. I loved the labor experience. Hope you do, too! Can't wait to see pics!

Brynne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Meagan Zastrow said...

Love the pics. I love the hot dog comparison. I have found that the couch can be more comfortable than the bed at times, maybe because there is less room to toss and turn. Anyway, you look fantastic....good luck with the delivery because I'm sure that the next update that you post will be announcing a gender.

Lindsay Anne said...

I'm sad/disappointed/sorry baby Ratelle isn't here yet, but I loved the writing in this post.

Also if baby turns out to be a boy (who can do Shakira moves), I think you may have a Scott Hastings incubating. "New steps! New steps! New steps!" He's probably just freshening up his bogo pogo and paso doble.

Erin said...

The rotating hot dogs was my favorite. I winced remembering flipping myself over 50 million times a night and can't wait to hear that you won't have to do that again . . . Good luck!