Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sorry Debbie Downers...US is Still Alright

I haven't been able to rave about the pessimistic and hyperbolic media for a while, mostly because I haven't been around my Dad. Oh, the good times we share watching O'Riley and making fun of Pelosi...but I digress.

Fortunately, I found an article today on IHT which was suprisingly praiseworthy of the US--especially from someone who isn't from the 'ol red, white and blue.

Bottom line--yeah--everybody hates Bush, and they hate that we are in Iraq, and China is giving up crap about our economy (don't get me started...hey China...how are you baby girls doing? Oh that's right---you don't have any!) and everyone is catching up to us....but really, we still have the biggest market, the biggest brain economy, and the image of hope, independence and opportunity--and you just can't beat that.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Hello! I wish we could meet up with you two when you are up here, but I don't think it will happen. I am taking my Step 1 licensing exam on July 2nd, and then I am heading down to Utah the 4th to begin my rotations (hooray for 3rd year). Anyway, once we are all moved into our new apartment we will have to have you guys up for dinner! Just in case I don't get the chance before you start law school, Brittany, I just want to say, "good luck!" You are going to be so great! I am so excited for you!